The Telangana State IT Minister K Taraka Ramarao to launch the prestigious programme Digital Telangana Campaign starts from July 1 on July 1st 2015. ‘Digital Telangana’ with the objectives of enabling digital empowerment of citizens; facilitating digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen and providing governance and services on demand.
Digital Telangana Campaign
Digital Telangana is part of Central government’s Digital India programme. As part of Digital Telangana,
- The government proposed to launch new e-services, online payment gateways to Yadagirigutta and Badrachalam temples in Telangana state.
- Providing 4G services in the entire state
- Wifi in major cities and towns
- e-Panchayat scheme under which a One Stop Shop kiosk will be available in each Panchayat
Digital Telangana Campaign Highlights
- Launch of new e-services in endowments department (Online payment gateways for Yadgiri Gutta and Bhadrachalam), agriculture department (green phablet), etc
- promoting digital literacy, cyber hygiene and cyber security
- Encouraging people’s participation through Digital Pledge, competitions, Hackathon events, etc.
- Launch of biometric attendance system in Warangal District.
- WiFi services at Telangana University, Nizamabad
Digital Telangana week programs
1st July: Mann Ki Baat
Broadcast of ‘PM’s message on Digital India’ across the state
2nd July:Awareness & Enrollment Day
Enrollments for Aadhaar, Jeevan Praman, Digital Locker, etc at village levels
3rd July: Training on new services
Department officers and meeseva operators at Divisional and district levels
Digital Run, Essay & Elocution competitions, Panel Discussions, culture events Schools, Colleges, general public at District Level
5th July: 5k Run & Digital Raahgiri
In Cyberabad to create awareness on Digital Telangana at state level
Swatchh Digital India programme comprising of e-waste management & green IT corridor initiatives at state level
Award distribution for best performing meeseva operators at state level
As part of Digital Telangana the state proposed to promote digital literacy, cyber hygiene and cyber security. The government will encourage people’s participation through Digital Pledge, 2k and 5k runs, competitions, Hackathon events and others.